V/A - Trojan Records : Classic Reggae Vol. 1 LP
Label : Trojan Records
Part of a series of newly created Trojan Records compilations celebrating the re-launch of Trojan Records. Trojan is a British record label founded in 1968. They have become one of the most influential Reggae Labels of all-time, specializing in Ska, Rocksteady, Reggae and Dub music. The influence of African American music on the development of the Jamaican recording industry is evidenced by music issued on the island during the late 60s and early 70s.
Towards the close of 1968, Jamaican music experienced the latest in a series of major revolutions, as the cool sound of Rock Steady was superceded by a jumpier, more energetic style we know today as REGGAE.
This 12 track collection highlights major Jamaican hits from between 1969 and 1972. A compilation of twelve killer tracks from the genre selected from the label's catalogue. Dennis Brown, Max Romeo, John Holt, Niney, Ken Boothe and Lord Creator are all present on this essential LP.
1. The Melodians – Sweet Sensation
2. Lord Creator – Kingston Town
3. Ken Boothe – Now I Know
4. Carl Dawkins – Satisfaction
5. Nicky Thomas – Love Of The Common People
6. The Slickers – Johnny Too Bad
7. Niney – Blood And Fire
8. John Holt – Stick By Me
9. Jimmy London – A Little Love
10. Max Romeo – Let The Power Fall
11. Junior Byles – Beat Down Babylon
12. Dennis Brown – Money In My Pocket (1972 Vesion)